Thursday 15 July 2010

First post...

Howdy.

This'll be my first blog post, then. I keep thinking I should do one, and well, I never do. So now I have. The list below is inspired by a 'project' Jess (my wife) and I are going to try to do, along with my best mate, Pat. The idea is to try random creative things and see how it turns out. Some of the list ended up being quite funny (at least according to Jess and Pat), so I thought I would set up a blog and write a post, and hopefully I will keep it up!

10 things I noticed from my desk at work that I hadn't really thought about before:

1. There’s always a cardboard box on top of the recycling bin near me. Always. It’s not always the *same* box, but it is as if there is some kind of box-recycling-bin-timeshare going on. Maybe they swap out at weekly intervals. Is there a HP inkjet cartridge/ toner box that used to be on this recycle bin sunning itself in an office in the med as I type? Maybe.

2. There’s still tinsel from last Xmas in the bottom of our stationary cupboard. There are turquoise and silver strands coiled up like tinsel snakes kipping after an all nighter at a tinsel-disco, or something.

3. The largest stapler I have ever actually seen - I mean it is MASSIVE - is on top of the stationary cupboard. From where I sit it looks dubiously (and intimidatingly!) phallic.

4. I still have an invite to an ACC’s leaving party wedged into the partition on my desk near the wall. It still has his handwritten post it note telling me ‘it should be a lively one’. Graham Hooper was his name, and his good humour is sorely missed.

5. Surrey Police feel it necessary to print in BIG RED LETTERS that a business card IS NOT A PROOF OF IDENTITY. Odd, I got through customs fine last time with mine (

No comments:

Post a Comment