Friday 23 July 2010

Twenty miles!

I may well be everso slightly insane.

20 miles is a long way, isn't it... Yeah... And I have only gone and agreed to walk 20 miles. At night. In London. In September. It's another charity walk, and its for a cracking cause. But 20 miles! Blimey! That's a long old slog... at night! Madness! So who is it for I hear you ask, my dear reader, well... Maggie's Cancer Caring Centres (see www.maggiescentres.org) - and this is what they do:

A Maggie’s Centre is a place to turn to for help with any of the problems, small or large, associated with cancer. Under one roof you can access help with information, benefits advice, psychological support both individually and in groups, courses and stress reducing strategies. You don’t have to make an appointment, or be referred and everything we offer is free of charge.

As you can see. it's really really important stuff and almost certainly (*aside* most certainly certainly) worth walking 20 miles for (20 bloody miles! Argh! Hurty feet ahoy!). Centres like this are an amazing service to offer people when they are in need, and I am sure it is something everyone can relate to. Doubtless I will do some sponsorship bothering at some point soon (you have been warned). In the meantime I have two 'training walks' of about 12 miles each to worry about in the next few weeks - ARGH!

On another tangent altogether, I have a top weekend ahead, with a BBQ at Clare and Mikes, and a visit from Claudia and James, who I have not seen since Jess and I got married. Looking forward to it very much. WIN!

Onwards!

Levin

No comments:

Post a Comment